Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyrantel (as pamoate) 50mg/mL; susp; caramel-flavor.
Indications for PIN-X:
Adults and Children:
Treat entire household. <2yrs (<11kg): not recommended. ≥2yrs (≥11kg): 11mg/kg (max 1g) once.
Hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy.
GI disturbances, headache, dizziness.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine