PILOPINE HS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 4%; oph gel; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PILOPINE HS:
Apply ½ inch ribbon in lower conjunctival sac at bedtime.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Lacrimation, discomfort, headache, ciliary spasm, conjunctival vascular congestion, keratitis, myopia, corneal granularity, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome