PILOPINE HS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 4%; oph gel; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PILOPINE HS:
Apply ½ inch ribbon in lower conjunctival sac at bedtime.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Lacrimation, discomfort, headache, ciliary spasm, conjunctival vascular congestion, keratitis, myopia, corneal granularity, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D