Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 7.5mcg (meningococcal protein conjugate 250mcg); per 0.5mL; IM inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PEDVAXHIB:
Immunization of children against H. influenzae type b.
<2 months: not recommended. 2 and 4 months: 0.5mL lM. Children vaccinated (with 2 dose regimen) before 12 months should receive booster at 12 months (but not <2 months after previous shot). Previously unvaccinated children, 15–71 months: 0.5mL lM once.
Immunodeficiency. Delay administration in febrile or active infection. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins several days after injection. Pregnancy (Cat. C): not recommended.
Local reactions, fever.
Single-dose vials (w. diluent)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine