Growth hormone replacement can raise irisin levels in children with growth hormone deficiency.
Researchers identified a 15-fold increase in diagnoses of vitamin D deficiency in children between 2008 and 2014.
Consumption of foods and beverages with low-calorie sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, and saccharin rose 200% among children between 1999 and 2012.
A vaginal birth and breastfeeding make a notable difference in the bacterial composition of an infant's gut.
The first study in the United States to investigate the long-term outcomes of medical treatment for transgender youth is set to begin in the near future.
Active video games have large effect on health outcomes compared with sedentary behaviors.
Fifty-three percent of products advertised do not meet Interagency Working Group's recommendations, according to the data.
Animal research suggests that melatonin use in children with sleep disorders may affect the reproductive organs and endocrine system.
Physical activity may not improve depression symptoms in teenagers.
Primarily used in food and drink packaging, ingestion of bisphenol A has been linked to obesity, diabetes and reproductive disorders.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support