In the last 5 years, many clinicians have faced tough questions about how best to serve transgender youth while doing no harm.
Primary cancer rates and mortality risk were no higher for pediatric patients treated with growth hormone therapy.
The risk for meningioma was not significantly higher in patients who did not receive radiotherapy.
Investigators sought to determine the effect of birth weight, weight gain from 0 to 2 years, and adiposity on insulin resistance and sensitivity in early adolescence.
Investigators sought to improve growth-monitoring programs by examining existing algorithms and examined the effect of using WHO vs national growth charts on algorithm performance.
Counseling about impaired fertility and sexual function for at-risk pediatric populations in developmentally appropriate ways is essential.
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Pediatric Committee has updated their 2012 evidence-based guidelines.
The lifestyle physical activity program included weight education, control, self-monitoring, behavioral change techniques, and maintenance of behavior change.
ISPAD recommends adjustments for fluid management regarding rehydration rates in children and adolescents with diabetes ketoacidosis.
Researchers assessed the effect of formula supplementation vs breastfeeding on the gut microbiome and risk of infant overweight.
Subcutaneous burosumab decreases mean Thacher rickets severity total score from dosing every two weeks or every four weeks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond