Study showed gender-discordant metabolic impairment during puberty that was correlated with peak growth velocity in boys, but not in girls.
Subcutaneous burosumab decreases mean Thacher rickets severity total score from dosing every two weeks or every four weeks.
Routine screening for neonatal hypoglycemia after pregnancies complicated by gestational diabetes (GD) reveals high incidence of both mild and severe hypoglycemia for both diet-controlled and insulin-treated GD and across the full range of birth weight centiles.
Further clinical trials are needed to explore the potential beneficial effect of vitamin D supplementation, via fortified foods and/or dietary supplements, on insulin resistance, and possibly on weight management.
Parents and healthcare workers should carefully consider the risk for obesity in infants born to women with diabetes, especially infants born large for gestational age, and should initiate preventive measures where possible.
Early treatment of cardiovascular disease risk factors such as dyslipidemia and hypertension will have long-term benefits with low risk and cost and should be more widely used in pediatric type 1 diabetes care.
Findings demonstrated a high incidence of sodium alterations in children following transsphenoidal surgery, with a 38% combined incidence of diabetes insipidus and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion.
Only approximately half of pediatric patients with a blood pressure reading ≥95th percentile would be correctly classified based on their initial blood pressure reading.
Children with T1D had statistically significantly higher prevalence rates of hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and used more CV medication compared with a matched diabetes-free reference cohort in the period after the onset of diabetes.
Increased odds of fractures in pediatric patients with asthma may be associated with systemic corticosteroid use, but not with inhaled corticosteroid use.
Study investigated the correlations between age and body composition with trabecular morphology in a cohort of healthy girls age 9 to 18.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes