PEDIALYTE UNFLAVORED OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextrose 25g, sodium 45mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 35mEq, zinc 7.8mg, Calories 100; per 1 liter; liq.
Indications for PEDIALYTE UNFLAVORED:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild to moderate diarrhea and vomiting.
<1yr: see literature. ≥1yr: consume 1–2L/day for as long as diarrhea continues.
As sole therapy in severe continuing diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction or perforated bowel. Anuria, oliguria, or impaired homeostatic mechanism.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Liq (flavored)—1L; Liq (unflavored)—2oz, 1L; Singles (6.8oz)—16; Pwd (packets)—4, 8; Pops—16
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis