PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Magnesium hydroxide 400mg; watermelon-flavored; contains magnesium 170mg per tab.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS:
<2yrs: not recommended. Drink 8oz of liquid with each dose. 2–5yrs: 1–3 tabs daily. 6–11yrs: 3–6 tabs daily. Both: may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Results usually within 30 minutes to 6 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk
- Drug Copayments Often Cost More Than Prescription Drugs
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D