Generic Name and Formulations:
Methscopolamine bromide 2.5mg; tabs; lactose-free.
Indications for PAMINE:
Adjunctive therapy in peptic ulcer.
Initially 2.5mg 30min before meals and 2.5–5mg at bedtime; may increase as tolerated. Severe symptoms: may start at 5mg 30min before meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. Obstructive uropathy (eg, bladder neck obstruction due to prostatic hypertrophy). GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon complicating ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Ileostomy or colostomy. Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hyperthyroidism. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Tachyrhythmia. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Large doses may suppress intestinal motility or aggravate toxic megacolon. Follow-up with upper GI contrast radiology or endoscopy during treatment. Obtain stool tests, hemoglobin, and hematocrit to rule out ulcer bleeding. High environmental temperature. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with concomitant antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and other anticholinergic drugs. Concomitant antacids may interfere with absorption.
Tachycardia, palpitation, anaphylaxis, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, pupil dilation, loss of taste, urinary hesitancy/retention, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased sweating, urticaria, xerostomia, weakness, insomnia, impotence, lactation suppression.
Tabs—100; Forte—60 (5x12 blisters)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Comparative Assessment of Diabetes Outcomes With Physician, NP, PA Providers
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information