Generic Name and Formulations:
Methscopolamine bromide 2.5mg; tabs; lactose-free.
Indications for PAMINE:
Adjunctive therapy in peptic ulcer.
Initially 2.5mg 30min before meals and 2.5–5mg at bedtime; may increase as tolerated. Severe symptoms: may start at 5mg 30min before meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. Obstructive uropathy (eg, bladder neck obstruction due to prostatic hypertrophy). GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon complicating ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Ileostomy or colostomy. Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hyperthyroidism. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Tachyrhythmia. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Large doses may suppress intestinal motility or aggravate toxic megacolon. Follow-up with upper GI contrast radiology or endoscopy during treatment. Obtain stool tests, hemoglobin, and hematocrit to rule out ulcer bleeding. High environmental temperature. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with concomitant antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and other anticholinergic drugs. Concomitant antacids may interfere with absorption.
Tachycardia, palpitation, anaphylaxis, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, pupil dilation, loss of taste, urinary hesitancy/retention, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased sweating, urticaria, xerostomia, weakness, insomnia, impotence, lactation suppression.
Tabs—100; Forte—60 (5x12 blisters)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine