PAMINE FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methscopolamine bromide 5mg; tabs; lactose-free.
Indications for PAMINE FORTE:
Adjunctive therapy in peptic ulcer.
Initially 2.5mg 30min before meals and 2.5–5mg at bedtime; may increase as tolerated. Severe symptoms: may start at 5mg 30min before meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. Obstructive uropathy (eg, bladder neck obstruction due to prostatic hypertrophy). GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon complicating ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Ileostomy or colostomy. Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hyperthyroidism. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Tachyrhythmia. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Large doses may suppress intestinal motility or aggravate toxic megacolon. Follow-up with upper GI contrast radiology or endoscopy during treatment. Obtain stool tests, hemoglobin, and hematocrit to rule out ulcer bleeding. High environmental temperature. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with concomitant antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and other anticholinergic drugs. Concomitant antacids may interfere with absorption.
Tachycardia, palpitation, anaphylaxis, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, pupil dilation, loss of taste, urinary hesitancy/retention, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased sweating, urticaria, xerostomia, weakness, insomnia, impotence, lactation suppression.
Tabs—100; Forte—60 (5x12 blisters)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture