PAMINE FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methscopolamine bromide 5mg; tabs; lactose-free.
Indications for PAMINE FORTE:
Adjunctive therapy in peptic ulcer.
Initially 2.5mg 30min before meals and 2.5–5mg at bedtime; may increase as tolerated. Severe symptoms: may start at 5mg 30min before meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. Obstructive uropathy (eg, bladder neck obstruction due to prostatic hypertrophy). GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon complicating ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Ileostomy or colostomy. Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hyperthyroidism. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Tachyrhythmia. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Large doses may suppress intestinal motility or aggravate toxic megacolon. Follow-up with upper GI contrast radiology or endoscopy during treatment. Obtain stool tests, hemoglobin, and hematocrit to rule out ulcer bleeding. High environmental temperature. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with concomitant antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and other anticholinergic drugs. Concomitant antacids may interfere with absorption.
Tachycardia, palpitation, anaphylaxis, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, pupil dilation, loss of taste, urinary hesitancy/retention, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased sweating, urticaria, xerostomia, weakness, insomnia, impotence, lactation suppression.
Tabs—100; Forte—60 (5x12 blisters)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined