Generic Name and Formulations:
Nortriptyline HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 75mg; caps.
Indications for PAMELOR:
Initially 25mg 3–4 times daily; max 150mg/day. Elderly and adolescents: 30–50mg/day in single or divided doses.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue. Acute post-MI.
Suicidality and antidepressant drugs.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents and young adults; monitor for clinical worsening and unusual changes. Monitor for emergence of serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Mania/hypomania. Bipolar disorder. Psychosis. ECT. Cardiovascular disease. Angle-closure glaucoma. Urinary retention. Epilepsy. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Liver disorders. Monitor plasma levels if dose >100mg/day. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Potentiates alcohol, sympathomimetics. CNS stimulation with reserpine. Potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors; monitor plasma levels with quinidine, cimetidine, SSRIs, phenothiazines, type 1C antiarrhythmics (eg, propafenone, flecainide). Antagonized by barbiturates, carbamazepine. Paralytic ileus, hyperpyrexia with anticholinergics. Blocks guanethidine.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, CNS overstimulation, arrhythmias, extrapyramidal symptoms, hypo- or hypertension, nausea, fatigue, rash, headache, changes in blood sugar, photosensitivity, edema, blood dyscrasias, jaundice.
Caps—30; Soln—contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Predictors of Disordered Eating Behaviors in Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Behavioral Modification Improves Fertility in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Depression, Anxiety Predict Physical Health Indices As Strongly As Obesity
- Vaginal Estrogen Use Not Associated With Elevated Chronic Disease Risk
- Intraoperative Monitoring of PTH May Simplify Surgical Care for Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Linagliptin and Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Private Equity Acquisition of Physician Practices Discussed
- FDA Panel Votes on Novel Osteoporosis Treatment Evenity
- Challenges in Instituting Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- The Role of Sex Hormones in Primary Headaches: a Review