OXYTROL FOR WOMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin 3.9mg/day; transdermal patch.
Merck Consumer Care, Inc.
Indications for OXYTROL FOR WOMEN:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry and smooth area on the abdomen, hips, or buttocks. Use 1 patch for 4 days in a row. Remove patch after 4 days and apply new one. Rotate application sites. Dispose properly with sticky sides together.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Male patients. Pain or burning when urinating. Blood in urine. Unexplained lower back or side pain. Cloudy or foul-smelling urine. Stress incontinence. Urinary or gastric retention. Glaucoma.
Consider other causes of frequent urination (eg, UTI, diabetes, early pregnancy). Unexplained weight loss. Hepatic or renal impairment. Reevaluate if condition worsens or no improvement after 2 weeks. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with alcohol, other anticholinergic drugs. Caution with antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin) or antifungals (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole).
Local reactions (eg, itching, rash, redness), sleepiness, dizziness, blurry vision.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations