Investigators sought to determine whether female reproductive and hormonal factors affect the incidence of total knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
Researchers sought to determine the predictive value of tibiofemoral MRI, patellofemoral MRI, and KLG1 for the incidence of clinical or radiographic knee OA.
Researchers sought to identify associations of female reproductive factors with incidence of total knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis.
Researchers compared the effects of combined metformin and COX-2 inhibitor therapy vs COX-2 therapy alone on joint replacement surgery rates.
The prevalence of sarcopenia — particularly in combination with ostepenia — increases with age, and sarcopenic obesity may be underrecognized, despite its impact in patients with rheumatic diseases.
Patients with obesity experience similar recovery time to normal-weight patients.
Hand pain, disability, and stiffness were common in long-term type 1 diabetes.
Participants who lost between 5% and 10% or more than 10% of their body weight slowed knee joint degeneration, compared to those who maintained their current weight.
Data were collected from the Osteoarthritis Initiative to examine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were evaluated at a specialized clinic to determine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and elevated Disease Activity Scores (DAS28).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- Intermittent vs Continuous Energy-Restricted Diet: Effects on Glycemic Control and Weight Loss T2D
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Self-Administered Contraceptive Vaginal System Approved for Up to 1 Year of Use
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence