Osteoarthritis was the most common form of arthritis in patients with diabetes but rheumatoid arthritis had the most pronounced association with diabetes.
Investigators sought to determine whether female reproductive and hormonal factors affect the incidence of total knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
Researchers sought to determine the predictive value of tibiofemoral MRI, patellofemoral MRI, and KLG1 for the incidence of clinical or radiographic knee OA.
Researchers sought to identify associations of female reproductive factors with incidence of total knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis.
Researchers compared the effects of combined metformin and COX-2 inhibitor therapy vs COX-2 therapy alone on joint replacement surgery rates.
The prevalence of sarcopenia — particularly in combination with ostepenia — increases with age, and sarcopenic obesity may be underrecognized, despite its impact in patients with rheumatic diseases.
Patients with obesity experience similar recovery time to normal-weight patients.
Hand pain, disability, and stiffness were common in long-term type 1 diabetes.
Participants who lost between 5% and 10% or more than 10% of their body weight slowed knee joint degeneration, compared to those who maintained their current weight.
Data were collected from the Osteoarthritis Initiative to examine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were evaluated at a specialized clinic to determine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and elevated Disease Activity Scores (DAS28).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy, Postpartum BMI Linked to T2D Risk
- Sleep Quality, Duration Affect Risk for Falls and Fractures in Older Women
- Physician Burnout Linked to Stress in Using Health Information Technology
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Colorectal Cancer Risk in Men
- Urinary Incontinence Drug May Reduce Frequency of Hot Flashes