ORTHO MICRONOR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ORTHO MICRONOR:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Known or suspected breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Ectopic pregnancy (monitor). Increased risk of breast cancer. Do physical exams at least annually. Monitor carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates, rifampin, St. John's Wort, bosentan). May affect lab tests (eg, sex hormone binding globulins, thyroid).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, headache, breast tenderness, nausea, dizziness; delayed follicular atresia, ovarian cysts, androgenic effects (rare).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners