Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 100mg; sust-rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
100mg twice daily (AM and PM).
Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency, or arrhythmias. Asthma (inj). Monitor blood, urine, and liver in long-term use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs, antidepressants. Tremors, mental confusion with propoxyphene. Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, other anticholinergic effects (eg, weakness, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention, blurred vision, dry mouth), GI upset.
Formerly known under the brand name Norflex.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D