Generic Name and Formulations:
Metipranolol HCl 0.3%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for OPTIPRANOLOL:
1 drop twice daily.
History of, or active, bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt cardiac failure.
Not for use as sole agent in angle-closure glaucoma. History of cardiac failure. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Withdraw gradually before elective surgery. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Myasthenia gravis. History of anaphylaxis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine. Avoid concomitant calcium channel blockers in impaired cardiac function. Caution with adrenergic psychotropics.
Local discomfort. Rarely: conjunctivitis, eyelid dermatitis, blepharitis, blurred vision, tearing, browache, abnormal vision, photophobia, edema. Systemic absorption: bronchospasm, bradycardia, cardiac failure, depression, other β-blocker effects.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined