Generic Name and Formulations:
Pegaspargase 750 IU/mL; soln for IV or IM inj; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for ONCASPAR:
First-line acute lymphoblastic leukemia (including patients with asparaginase hypersensitivity).
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj over 1–2hrs or by IM inj (max 2mL/inj site). 2500 IU/m2 no more frequently than every 14 days.
History of pancreatitis, serious hemorrhage, or thrombosis with prior L-asparaginase therapy.
Have resuscitation equipment available and observe patient for 1hr post-dose. Monitor serum glucose, coagulation parameters. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions, thrombotic events, or pancreatitis occur. Monitor for hepatotoxicity and abnormal liver function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis), hyperglycemia, pancreatitis, CNS thrombosis, coagulopathy, hyperbilirubinemia, elevated transaminases, hyperlipidemia.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure