Losing weight is more complex than following a simple diet.
The stigma associated with excess weight may cause some older adults with obesity to avoid seeking health care.
Patients with metabolically healthy obesity are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
Weight Watchers plus additional education improved glycemic control in overweight or obese patients with type 2 diabetes.
Children and adolescents with a diagnosis of depression or who have used antidepressants were more likely to have a higher BMI.
A meal-timing strategy may reduce swings in hunger as well as change fat- and carbohydrate-burning patterns.
A lack of insurance coverage for weight-loss treatments as well as diagnoses of obesity are significant barriers.
Patients who undergo Roux-en-Y gastric bypass are less likely to die from obesity or other diseases than those who did not undergo the procedure 10 years later.
Researchers assessed the safety and efficacy of meal replacement plus topiramate vs placebo for BMI reduction in adolescents with severe obesity.
Patients who lost weight with liraglutide after 16 weeks achieved clinically significant weight loss at 56 weeks.
Efforts to keep children healthy must extend to summer breaks from school.
An analysis of genetic traits has revealed a new link between THNSL2 gene expression and obesity in a group of healthy men.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity