NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg (original) or 19mg (cherry) per 15mL; original or cherry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID:
Cough, sore throat, rhinorrhea, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
30mL every 6hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disoders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
LiquiCaps—12, 20, 40, 60; Liq—6oz, 10oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks