Generic Name and Formulations:
Nilutamide 150mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for NILANDRON:
Metastatic prostate cancer (Stage D2), as an adjunct to surgical castration.
300mg once daily for 30 days then 150mg once daily, starting day of or day after surgical castration.
Severe hepatic impairment or respiratory insufficiency.
Obtain baseline liver and pulmonary function tests, routine chest X-ray. Monitor for interstitial pneumonitis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Monitor liver function for first 4 months then periodically; discontinue if ALT > 2xULN or jaundice occurs. May discolor urine or sclera. Pregnancy (not for use in women). Nursing mothers.
Monitor drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, Vit. K antagonists, theophylline, phenytoin); may need to adjust dose. May cause alcohol intolerance.
Hot flushes, impaired night vision, GI upset, increased liver enzymes, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, hypertension, hepatitis, interstitial pneumonitis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine