Researchers assessed whether retinal vascular signs were associated with greater cognitive decline over 20 years.
Testosterone levels were increased in women with stable multi-episode schizophrenia and decreased in men with stable multi-episode schizophrenia.
Oral vitamin E supplementation consisting of 400 mg/day mixed tocotrienols for 1 year may not result in improved neuropathic pain symptoms in patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
A recent study assessed the affiliation between HbA1c level, diabetes prominence, and successive decline of cognition during a 10-year span.
The Food and Drug Administration has accepted the New Drug Application for Azedra for the treatment of malignant, recurrent and/or unresectable pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.
The relationship between hormones and migraine is most frequently pronounced during the female reproductive years.
For patients with panic disorder with agoraphobia, cortisol mediates the effect of the time of day on subsequent outcome.
For patients with hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea, treatment with losartan does not lead to significant reductions in aldosterone, but the treatment is tied to aldosterone reductions in patients with hypertension but without obstructive sleep apnea.
An experimental study found a sex-specific role in glucose-dependent control of autonomic nervous activity.
Younger patients with type 2 diabetes had significant differences in brain gray matter volume compared with healthy controls.
For participants without obesity, striatal D2 receptor (D2R) binding potential and age are associated with sucrose preference.
Gastric bypass surgery is associated with reduced symptoms and neurohormonal responses to hypoglycemia, according to a study published in Diabetes.
The findings suggest a neuroendocrine vulnerability in women with migraine.
A new instrument may provide physicians insight into satisfaction with acromegaly treatment.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
Phthalate exposure effect explained half of the attention deficit in children treated in the ICU.
The presence of a pituitary tumor on magnetic resonance imaging confirmed the diagnostic hypothesis.
Insulin resistance may underlie some cases, researchers said.
Two genetic variants are associated with heightened brain reward responses to foods high in fat and sugar.
New data link hypothalamic gliosis with higher BMI and increased insulin resistance.
Noninvasive brain stimulation may help decrease caloric intake and promote weight loss.
Hypothalamic-sympathetic nervous system-renal axis has been identified that regulates tubular glucose reabsorption.
In type 2 diabetes, improving glycemic control may decrease dementia risk.
Mean 25(OH)D levels significantly lower for African-American and Hispanic participants.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
Specifically, higher HOMA-IR score associated with poorer verbal fluency in women, but not in men.
Consumption of foods with high glycemic index tied to increased risk in postmenopausal women.
Rat model with hippocampal-specific insulin resistance downregulates insulin receptor expression.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
Patients with more complications of diabetes developed dementia than those with less severe disease progression.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure
- Greater Bone Formation With Teriparatide vs Zoledronic Acid in Osteoporosis