Generic Name and Formulations:
Chloroprocaine HCl 10mg/mL, 20mg/mL; soln for inj; contains methylparaben.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for NESACAINE:
Production of local anesthesia by infiltration and peripheral nerve block.
Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. See literature for dosing based on procedure. Individualize. Max single recommended dose: 11mg/kg, not to exceed max total dose of 800mg. Debilitated, elderly, acutely ill (cardiac and/or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: see literature. Individualize based on age and weight. ≥3yrs: max 11mg/kg.
Not for subarachnoid administration. Lumbar and caudal epidural anesthesia: caution with existing neurological disease, spinal deformities, septicemia, severe hypertension. To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Hypotension. Heart block. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Hepatic impairment. Retrobulbar block. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant sulfonamides: not recommended.
CNS effects (eg, excitation, depression, restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, tremors), cardiovascular effects (eg, myocardium depression, decreased cardiac output, heart block, hypotension, bradycardia, ventricular arrhythmias, cardiac arrest), allergic-type reactions, neurologic effects (eg, spinal block, urinary retention, paresthesia, weakness, headache, paralysis of lower extremities).
Nesacaine: Multi-dose vial (30mL)—1; Nesacaine-MPF: Single-dose vial (20mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine