Generic Name and Formulations:
Chloroprocaine HCl 20mg/mL, 30mg/mL; soln for inj; preservative-free.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for NESACAINE-MPF:
Production of local anesthesia by infiltration, peripheral and central nerve block, including lumbar and caudal epidural blocks.
Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. See literature for dosing based on procedure. Individualize. Max single recommended dose: 11mg/kg, not to exceed max total dose of 800mg. Debilitated, elderly, acutely ill (cardiac and/or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: see literature. Individualize based on age and weight. ≥3yrs: max 11mg/kg.
Not for subarachnoid administration. Lumbar and caudal epidural anesthesia: caution with existing neurological disease, spinal deformities, septicemia, severe hypertension. To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Hypotension. Heart block. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Hepatic impairment. Retrobulbar block. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant sulfonamides: not recommended.
CNS effects (eg, excitation, depression, restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, tremors), cardiovascular effects (eg, myocardium depression, decreased cardiac output, heart block, hypotension, bradycardia, ventricular arrhythmias, cardiac arrest), allergic-type reactions, neurologic effects (eg, spinal block, urinary retention, paresthesia, weakness, headache, paralysis of lower extremities).
Nesacaine: Multi-dose vial (30mL)—1; Nesacaine-MPF: Single-dose vial (20mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified