Generic Name and Formulations:
Chloroprocaine HCl 20mg/mL, 30mg/mL; soln for inj; preservative-free.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for NESACAINE-MPF:
Production of local anesthesia by infiltration, peripheral and central nerve block, including lumbar and caudal epidural blocks.
Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. See literature for dosing based on procedure. Individualize. Max single recommended dose: 11mg/kg, not to exceed max total dose of 800mg. Debilitated, elderly, acutely ill (cardiac and/or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: see literature. Individualize based on age and weight. ≥3yrs: max 11mg/kg.
Not for subarachnoid administration. Lumbar and caudal epidural anesthesia: caution with existing neurological disease, spinal deformities, septicemia, severe hypertension. To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Hypotension. Heart block. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Hepatic impairment. Retrobulbar block. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant sulfonamides: not recommended.
CNS effects (eg, excitation, depression, restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, tremors), cardiovascular effects (eg, myocardium depression, decreased cardiac output, heart block, hypotension, bradycardia, ventricular arrhythmias, cardiac arrest), allergic-type reactions, neurologic effects (eg, spinal block, urinary retention, paresthesia, weakness, headache, paralysis of lower extremities).
Nesacaine: Multi-dose vial (30mL)—1; Nesacaine-MPF: Single-dose vial (20mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations