Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in combination with cisplatin. As a single agent, for the treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 6–10mins. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 on Days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 28-day cycle with cisplatin given on Day 1 of each 28-day cycle; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose adjustment for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see full labeling.
Pretreatment granulocyte counts <1000 cells/mm3.
Risk of myelosuppression. Monitor for infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Hepatic injury or impairment: assess hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid extravasation. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraception during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin.
Neutropenia, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting, asthenia, constipation, inj site reaction, peripheral neuropathy; hepatotoxicity, bowel obstruction, paralytic ileus.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes