Generic Name and Formulations:
Nesiritide 1.5mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for NATRECOR:
Acutely decompensated CHF with dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity.
2mcg/kg IV bolus once, then 0.01mcg/kg per minute by continuous IV infusion; limited experience with therapy >96 hours. Doses up to 0.03mcg/kg per minute have been used; see full labeling. Reduce dose or discontinue if symptomatic hypotension occurs.
Persistent systolic BP <100mmHg. Cardiogenic shock.
Not recommended in significant valvular stenosis, restrictive or obstructive cardiomyopathy, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade, other conditions where vasodilators are inappropriate, or when cardiac output is dependent on venous return, or in patients with low cardiac filling pressures. Impaired renal function (esp if severe heart failure); monitor serum creatinine during and after therapy until stabilized. Monitor BP closely. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension potentiated by ARBs and/or ACE inhibitors.
Vasodilator (human B-type natriuretic peptide).
Hypotension, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness; hypersensitivity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome