Generic Name and Formulations:
Crofelemer 125mg; delayed-release tablets; enteric-coated.
Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for MYTESI:
Symptomatic relief of non-infectious diarrhea in adult patients with HIV/AIDS on antiretroviral therapy.
Swallow whole. One tab twice daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Rule out infectious etiologies of diarrhea before starting. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, cough, flatulence, increased bilirubin.
Formerly known under the brand name Fulyzaq.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D