Generic Name and Formulations:
Micafungin sodium 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYCAMINE:
Treatment of Candidemia, acute disseminated candidiasis, Candida peritonitis and abscesses; and esophageal candidiasis. Prophylaxis of Candida infection in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 100mg/day (usual range 10–47 days). Esophageal: 150mg/day (usual range 10–30 days). Prophylaxis in HSCT: 50mg/day (usual range 6–51 days).
<4months: not established. Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥4months: Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 2mg/kg once daily; max 100mg/day. Esophageal: (≤30kg): 3mg/kg once daily; (>30kg): 2.5mg/kg once daily. Max: 150mg/day. Prophylaxis in HSCT: 1mg/kg once daily; max 50mg/day.
Hepatic impairment. Renal dysfunction. Monitor for evidence of worsening hepatic or renal function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Potentiates sirolimus, itraconazole, nifedipine; monitor and reduce doses.
Inj site reactions, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia, headache, rash, pruritus, facial swelling, vasodilatation, phlebitis, increased alkaline phosphatase; hematological effects, abnormal liver function tests (eg, ALT/AST), acute renal failure, anaphylaxis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency