Obesity negatively affects brain function, particularly in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Highlights from the 99th Annual Meeting & Expo of the Endocrine Society.
Lorraine Fitzpatrick, MD, discusses updated results from the ACTIVE phase 3 clinical trial.
Nancy E. Lane, MD, professor of medicine, at the University of California at Davis School of Medicine, discusses results from the phase 3 ACTIVE trial.
Marie E. McDonnell, MD, of Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, discusses implementing effective behavior change for patients with diabetes.
Watch Christopher Thompson, MD, of Brigham and Women's Hospital, explain the minimally invasive endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedure for weight loss.
Jeff Williamson, MD, MHS, discusses results from the SPRINT trial comparing intensive blood pressure targets with standard blood pressure targets in elderly patients with hypertension.
Charlotte Ling, PhD, of Lund University Diabetes Centre, Malmö, Sweden, discusses how epigenetic changes affect insulin secretion and action in type 2 diabetes.
Allison Goldfine, MD, discusses how bariatric surgery may help patients with type 2 diabetes achieve disease remission.
Derek LeRoith, MD, PhD, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, talks about new therapies for type 2 diabetes at ENDO 2016.
Individuals with HIV experience a range of endocrinopathies and metabolic disorders that result directly from the effects of HIV on ...
Cutaneous changes may be the first sign of endocrine disease in some cases and are associated with significant morbidity and ...
From eating to drinking to being merry, the holiday season poses myriad challenges for people with diabetes.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond