Obesity negatively affects brain function, particularly in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Highlights from the 99th Annual Meeting & Expo of the Endocrine Society.
Lorraine Fitzpatrick, MD, discusses updated results from the ACTIVE phase 3 clinical trial.
Nancy E. Lane, MD, professor of medicine, at the University of California at Davis School of Medicine, discusses results from the phase 3 ACTIVE trial.
Marie E. McDonnell, MD, of Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, discusses implementing effective behavior change for patients with diabetes.
Watch Christopher Thompson, MD, of Brigham and Women's Hospital, explain the minimally invasive endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedure for weight loss.
Jeff Williamson, MD, MHS, discusses results from the SPRINT trial comparing intensive blood pressure targets with standard blood pressure targets in elderly patients with hypertension.
Charlotte Ling, PhD, of Lund University Diabetes Centre, Malmö, Sweden, discusses how epigenetic changes affect insulin secretion and action in type 2 diabetes.
Allison Goldfine, MD, discusses how bariatric surgery may help patients with type 2 diabetes achieve disease remission.
Derek LeRoith, MD, PhD, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, talks about new therapies for type 2 diabetes at ENDO 2016.
Cutaneous changes may be the first sign of endocrine disease in some cases and are associated with significant morbidity and ...
From eating to drinking to being merry, the holiday season poses myriad challenges for people with diabetes.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis