Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobenate dimeglumine 529mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MULTIHANCE:
For use in MRI of the CNS in adults and children to visualize lesions with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine, and associated tissues. For use in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate adults with known or suspected renal or aorto-ilio-femoral occlusive vascular disease.
Adults and Children:
MRI: Preterm neonates: not established. Give as a rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥5mL to ensure complete injection. <2yrs: 0.1–0.2mL/kg. ≥2yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg). MRA: <18yrs: not established. ≥18yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg) by rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥20mL either manually or using an automatic injector system.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury; avoid use. Screen for renal dysfunction. Do not exceed recommended dose and allow sufficient time for drug elimination before re-administration. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and for 2hrs after administration. Increased risk of gadolinium retention with multiple lifetime doses, in pregnant patients, children, and those with inflammatory conditions; minimize repetitive imaging studies. Underlying conditions or medications that predispose to cardiac arrhythmias. Dubin Johnson syndrome. Avoid extravasation. Interpreting contrast MR images in the absence of companion non-contrast MR images. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
May potentiate concomitant drugs that compete for cMOAT sites (eg, cisplatin, anthracyclines, vinca alkaloids, methotrexate, etoposide, tamoxifen, paclitaxel).
Nausea, headache, inj site reaction, feeling hot; hypersensitivity.
Single dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined