Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobenate dimeglumine 529mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MULTIHANCE:
For use in MRI of the CNS in adults and children to visualize lesions with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine, and associated tissues. For use in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate adults with known or suspected renal or aorto-ilio-femoral occlusive vascular disease.
Adults and Children:
MRI: Preterm neonates: not established. Give as a rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥5mL to ensure complete injection. <2yrs: 0.1–0.2mL/kg. ≥2yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg). MRA: <18yrs: not established. ≥18yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg) by rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥20mL either manually or using an automatic injector system.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury; avoid use. Screen for renal dysfunction. Do not exceed recommended dose and allow sufficient time for drug elimination before re-administration. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and for 2hrs after administration. Increased risk of gadolinium retention with multiple lifetime doses, in pregnant patients, children, and those with inflammatory conditions; minimize repetitive imaging studies. Underlying conditions or medications that predispose to cardiac arrhythmias. Dubin Johnson syndrome. Avoid extravasation. Interpreting contrast MR images in the absence of companion non-contrast MR images. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
May potentiate concomitant drugs that compete for cMOAT sites (eg, cisplatin, anthracyclines, vinca alkaloids, methotrexate, etoposide, tamoxifen, paclitaxel).
Nausea, headache, inj site reaction, feeling hot; hypersensitivity.
Single dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture