Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 10mg, 20mg; scored tabs.
Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals
Indications for MONOKET:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
20mg upon awakening then 20mg 7 hrs later. Small patients: may start with 5mg per dose for 1 day, then increase to 10mg by 2nd or 3rd day (scheduled as above).
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), riociguat.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension, syncope, or myocardial ischemia with PDE-5 inhibitors; or hypotension with riociguat. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, other vasodilators, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, upper respiratory infection.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks