MIOCHOL E Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetylcholine chloride 20mg, mannitol 56mg; per vial; pwd for reconstitution into intraocular soln.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MIOCHOL E:
To obtain miosis of the iris in seconds after delivery of the lens in cataract surgery, in penetrating keratoplasty, iridectomy and other anterior segment surgery where rapid miosis may be required.
Prepare soln immediately before use. Syringe filter has priming volume of 0.6mL. Instill into the anterior chamber before or after securing one or more sutures. 0.5–2mL produces satisfactory miosis.
Open under aseptic conditions only.
May be antagonized by topical NSAIDs.
Ocular effects (eg, corneal edema/clouding/decompensation); rare: systemic effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, flushing, breathing difficulties, sweating).
Blister pack—1 (vial + electrolyte diluent + sterile filter)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes