MESTINON TIMESPAN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridostigmine bromide 180mg; sust rel scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MESTINON TIMESPAN:
Usually: 1–3 tabs 1–2 times daily.
Intestinal or urinary obstruction.
Bronchial asthma. Monitor for cholinergic and myasthenic crisis, differentiate and treat (see literature). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Reversal of nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Antagonized by atropine.
GI upset, increased salivation and bronchial secretions, miosis and diaphoresis, muscle cramps, fasciculation and weakness.
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—pt; Timespan—100
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine