Higher levels of estradiol were inversely associated with carotid artery intima-media thickness progression in the early postmenopausal cohort but positively associated with it in the late postmenopausal group.
Among U.S. women, a normally high circulating prolactin concentration is associated with a reduced risk for type 2 diabetes.
Postmenopausal women with weight loss have a reduced risk for breast cancer.
Light treatments successfully corrected abnormal timing of melatonin circadian rhythms in perimenopausal women with depression and improved mood and sleep within 2 weeks.
MicroRNAs Linked to Increased Cortical Bone Porosity in Postmenopausal Women With History of Fracture
Findings suggest potential pathomechanistic links between miRNAs and cortical porosity. .
In postmenopausal women who were randomly assigned anastrozole, bone mineral density showed significant improvement at the lumbar spine.
Investigators sought to determine the effects of vitamin D3 supplementation in postmenopausal women with low serum 25(OH)D and high parathyroid hormone levels.
Researchers concluded that physical activity was not associated with risk for early menopause.
The 5 topics addressed by the 11-member expert panel include epidemiology, clinical presentation, therapeutic effects of antidepressants, effects of hormone therapy, and the effectiveness of other therapies (eg, psychotherapy, exercise, natural health products).
Investigators examined the relationship between menstrual cycle characteristics in adolescence and early adulthood and the risk for early natural menopause.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond