Researchers conducted secondary analysis of data from a multicenter study of 5580 women from 11 Latin America countries in order to assess the association between waist-to-height ratio and anxiety.
Researchers sought to identify associations of female reproductive factors with incidence of total knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis.
Researchers examined whether menopausal symptoms, quality of life, and depression are related to arterial stiffness, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
Researchers examined the effect of menopausal hormone therapy on left ventricular and left atrial chamber structure and function changes, which are markers of subclinical cardiovascular disease.
Physicians should be aware that the benefit of menopausal hormone therapy (MHT) on body composition might rapidly disappear after its withdrawal and strongly encourage women to optimize nutrition and increase physical activity when stopping MHT.
Researchers assessed the effects of 2 frequently used formulations of menopausal hormone therapy on brain structure and cognition 3 years after the completion of a randomized clinical trial.
At the 43-month endpoint, a total of 60.7% (307/506) of the abaloparatide followed by alendronate group had ≥3% increase in bone mass at all 3 sites (P<0.0001) vs. 24% (121/505) of the placebo followed by alendronate group.
Researchers conducted a prospective, population-based cohort study to assess the risk for cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women with increased androgen levels.
Oral micronized progesterone may diminish hot flushes and night sweats in perimenopausal women, according to research presented at ENDO 2018.
Researchers examined the correlation between Cobb angle of kyphosis from lateral spine radiographs and pattern of self-reported menopausal hormone therapy use.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis