Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadopentetate dimeglumine 469.01mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MAGNEVIST:
For use in MRI to facilitate the visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the brain (intracranial lesions), spine and associated tissues; in the head and neck; and in the body (excluding the heart).
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: 0.1mmol/kg (0.2mL/kg) IV at a rate of 10mL/15secs, followed by a 5mL normal saline flush (to ensure complete injection). Patients >286 lbs: dose not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2). Acute kidney injury.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis among patients with renal impairment (eg, >60yrs, diabetes mellitus, chronic hypertension). Screen for renal dysfunction. Acute renal failure possible in patients with renal insufficiency within 48hrs of inj; use lowest possible dose and evaluate renal function. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. History of asthma and/or allergy disorders. Have resuscitative equipment available. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Interpreting Magnevist MRI scans without a companion non-contrast MRI scan. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Paramagnetic contrast agent (Gadolinium-based).
Headache, nausea, inj site coldness/localized coldness, dizziness; rare: inj site reactions, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—20; Pre-filled syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes