Generic Name and Formulations:
Pegaptanib sodium 0.3mg/prefilled syringe; soln for oph intravitreous inj; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MACUGEN:
Treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration.
Give by intravitreous inj. 0.3mg once every 6 weeks into the eye to be treated.
Ocular or periocular infections.
Monitor for infection during week following inj (endophthalmitis possible). Monitor intraocular pressure and perfusion of optic nerve. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Anterior chamber inflammation, blurred vision, cataract, conjunctival hemorrhage, corneal edema, eye discharge, eye irritation, eye pain, hypertension, increased intraocular pressure, ocular discomfort, punctate keratitis, reduced visual acuity, visual disturbances, vitreous floaters, vitreous opacities, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, photopsia, bronchitis, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, nausea, UTI, others.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk