Generic Name and Formulations:
Technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept 250mcg; pwd for SC, intradermal, or peritumoral inj after reconstitution. After radiolabeling (with technetium Tc 99m + dilution); contains approx. 92.5 MBq (2.5 mCi) and 250mcg of technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept in 0.5–5mL total volume.
Indications for LYMPHOSEEK:
Using a hand-held gamma counter: for lymphatic mapping to assist in the localization of lymph nodes draining a primary tumor site in patients with breast cancer or melanoma; for guiding sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with clinically node negative squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the oral cavity.
See full labeling. Determine the planned injection technique and the number of injections per patient prior to preparing dose. May be administered as a single injection or multiple injections. Give 18.5MBq (0.5mCi) as a radioactivity dose and 50mcg as a mass dose, at least 15mins before initiating intraoperative lymphatic mapping; do not delay mapping >15hrs after injection. Total injection volume per patient: 0.1mL in single syringe; 0.5mL in single or in multiple syringes (0.1–0.25mL each); or 1mL in multiple syringes (0.2–0.5mL each). Route of administration: Breast cancer: intradermal, SC, subareolar, peritumoral; Melanoma: intradermal or SC.
<18yrs: not established.
Previous hypersensitivity to dextran or other modified forms. Have resuscitation equipment available. Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. In females of reproductive potential: administer within 10 days following the onset of menses or perform a pregnancy test within 48hrs prior to the administration. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers (discard milk for at least 4hrs after administration).
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Co-injection (mixture) with local anesthetics: not recommended.
Injection site irritation and/or pain.
Kit—1 (5 vials + 5 diluents; supplies)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support