LUPRON DEPOT-4 MONTH 30mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 30mg; depot susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-4 MONTH 30mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
Give as single IM inj into gluteal area, anterior thigh or deltoid; rotate inj sites. 30mg once every 4 months (16 weeks). Do not split doses.
Initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, ureteral obstruction, spinal cord compression) may occur; monitor closely in metastatic vertebral lesions, urinary obstruction, hematuria. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Increased risk of convulsions in patients with history of seizures, epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorder, CNS anomalies or tumors. Risk of QT prolongation in long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities (correct and monitor), or CHF; consider monitoring ECGs. Instruct patient on correct self administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval. Risk of seizures with concomitant SSRIs, bupropion, others.
Hot flashes/sweats, pain, GI disorders, edema, respiratory disorder, urinary disorders, inj site reaction, joint disorders, testicular atrophy, asthenia, flu syndrome, headache, skin reaction, fatigue; tumor flare, hyperglycemia, convulsions, hypersensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Comparative Assessment of Diabetes Outcomes With Physician, NP, PA Providers
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information