LORTAB ELIXIR CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, acetaminophen 300mg; per 15mL; tropical fruit punch flavor; contains alcohol 7%.
Indications for LORTAB ELIXIR:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
11.25mL every 4–6hrs as needed; max 67.5mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Give every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 doses/day. 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 2.8mL; max: 16.8mL/day. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 3.75mL; max: 22.5mL/day. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 5.6mL; max: 33.6mL/day. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 7.5mL; max: 45mL/day. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 11.25mL; max: 67.5mL.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Opioid + analgesic.
Potentiation with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Dizziness, CNS depression, respiratory depression, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage