Lorazepam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 2mg; per mL; concentrated soln.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for Lorazepam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Consume mixture immediately. Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Anxiety: initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed. Transient stress or insomnia: 2–4mg single daily dose at bedtime.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Suicidal tendencies. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Therapy for >4months. Monitor blood counts and liver function with long-term use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, depression, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential, upper GI disease (monitor).
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes