Statins were associated with a reduction in mortality but there was no significant difference in the composite end point with fenofibrates alone or in combination with statins.
The method of individualized treatment effect prediction of fenofibrate on major cardiovascular events risk reduction in T2D can be used to guide clinical decision-making.
Abnormal ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids were associated with the presence of bipolar disorder and the severity and duration of major depressive disorder.
From 25% to 50% of patients discontinue statins within 6 months to 1 year of starting, and the rate increases as high as 75% after 2 years.
Multiple clinical studies have examined the efficacy of pitavastatin.
Dutasteride therapy for benign prostatic hyperlasia has been linked to elevated HbA1c and LDL cholesterol.
Patients with statin intolerance had a 36% higher rate of recurrent MI compared to those with high statin adherence.
Women experienced the same CV benefits in statin trials, despite having slightly elevated on-treatment LDL cholesterol.
Risk of both ischemic stroke and coronary heart disease was elevated with high triglycerides and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Low levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol appear to be well tolerated on alirocumab therapy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis