Investigators analyze characteristics of participants with acquired partial lipodystrophy who developed severe metabolic abnormalities.
Genetic testing should become the standard of care for patients with definite or probable familial hypercholesterolemia.
A variety of underlying mechanisms may be attributed to the role of statins in preventing bone-related disorders.
Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and non-high density lipoprotein cholesterol (non-HDL-C) ≥160 mg/dL are independently associated with increased relative risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality in a low-risk cohort.
"We are extremely disappointed with the FDA's decision. We continue to feel strongly that Waylivra demonstrates a favorable benefit/risk profile in people with FCS," said Akcea CEO, Paula Soteropoulos.
Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] is independently and inversely associated with total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in children.
Nutraceuticals may offer a solution to patients who cannot tolerate statins because of severe muscle pain.
There has been a substantial increase in the percentage of patients with high cholesterol over age 60 years taking lipid-lowering medications from 2005 to 2016, but such increases have not been seen among younger patients with high cholesterol.
The relationship between circadian rhythm and sleep measures and components of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorder.
Investigators revised pooled cohort equations to improve clinical accuracy to predict risk for cardiovascular disease.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond