Generic Name and Formulations:
Flavocoxid (contains two types of flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu) 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Indications for LIMBREL:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes of osteoarthritis.
250 or 500mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to flavonoids including foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea, red wine, Brazil nuts).
Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT.
GI upset; elevated liver enzymes, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk
- Drug Copayments Often Cost More Than Prescription Drugs
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D