Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyoscyamine sulfate 0.125mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LEVSIN:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome. Infant colic.
1–2 tabs or 5–10mL every 4 hrs or as needed; max 12 tabs or 60mL daily.
Infants <10kg: use drops.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus, intestinal atony of elderly or debilitated patients. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired cardiac or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antacids may inhibit absorption. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, amantadine, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Levsin Drops.
Tabs, SL—100, 500; Drops—contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes