Positive Serologic Test for Helicobacter pylori
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For gastric ulcer:
Endoscopy to visualize the ulcer; biopsy of the lesion is recommended to determine if patient has gastric adenocarcinoma.
Rapid urease test of biopsy material (CLO test) verifies the presence of active infection.
For duodenal ulcer disease:
Urea breath test is a sensitive and specific test for detection of active infection without the use of biopsy in patients with uncomplicated duodenal ulcer.
If a biopsy is performed, the CLO test, if positive, verifies the presence of active infection.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Sitagliptin Provides Better Glycemic Control Than Dapagliflozin in T2D With Renal Impairment
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Causes of Burnout in Resident Physicians Examined
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Without Medicaid Expansion, Poor Patients Forgo Medical Care