Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- Intermittent vs Continuous Energy-Restricted Diet: Effects on Glycemic Control and Weight Loss T2D
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Appetite Awareness Training May Enhance Behavioral Strategies in Childhood Obesity
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Characteristics of Menstrual Cycle Associated With Early Natural Menopause
- Decreased Osteoporosis Treatment Initiation Observed After Hip Fracture