KONSYL ORANGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid 3.4g; per packet or rounded tablespoonful; pwd; orange-flavor.
Indications for KONSYL ORANGE:
Adults and Children:
Mix in 8oz liq, then drink 8oz more liq. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ adult dose. ≥12yrs: 1 packet or rounded teaspoonful (1 rounded tablespoonful for Konsyl Orange) 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Rectal bleeding. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Tablets block tetracycline absorption (give at least 1hr before or 2hrs after tetracycline).
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Original—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Original packets—30; D—11.5oz, 17.5oz; Orange—19oz; Sugar-Free—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Sugar-Free packets—30; Sugar-Free Orange—15oz; Easy Mix—8.8oz (w. scoop); Tabs—90; Caps—100
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk