KOGENATE FS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains sucrose; preservative-free.
Indications for KOGENATE FS:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A. Surgical prophylaxis in Hemophilia A. Routine prophylaxis to reduce frequency of hemorrhagic episodes and joint damage in children with Hemophilia A with no pre-existing joint damage.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 1–15mins if tolerated. Minor hemorrhage: 10–20 IU/kg; may repeat dose if needed. Moderate hemorrhage or minor surgery: 15–30 IU/kg; may repeat dose every 12–24hrs until resolved. Major hemorrhage, fractures or head trauma: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs until resolved. Major surgery: pre-op: 50 IU/kg (verify 100% activity prior to surgery); repeat if needed after 6–12hrs initially, and for 10–14 days until completely healed. Routine prophylaxis in children: 25 IU/kg every other day.
Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, dizziness, rash, BP increase, pruritus, hypersensitivity reactions, antibody formation, central venous line-associated infections.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent and BIO-SET system)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis