Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; reagent strips (nitroprusside).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for KETOSTIX:
Determination of urine ketones.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions.
Discard 6 months after opening.
Phenazopyridine and other azo dyes in drugs, nitrofurantoin, riboflavin, levodopa, mesna may interfere.
Strips—20, 50, 100
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses