Generic Name and Formulations:
Cangrelor 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol, sorbitol.
The Medicines Company
Indications for KENGREAL:
As adjunct to percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for reducing the risk of periprocedural myocardial infarction (MI), repeat coronary revascularization, and stent thrombosis (ST) in patients who have not been treated with a P2Y12 platelet inhibitor and are not being given a glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor.
Initially 30mcg/kg IV bolus prior to PCI, followed immediately by 4mcg/kg/min IV infusion; continue infusion for ≥2hrs or for duration of PCI, whichever is longer. Transitioning to oral P2Y12 therapy: see full labeling.
Significant active bleeding.
Increased risk of bleeding. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not administer clopidogrel or prasugrel during infusion.
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (ATP analog).
Bleeding, renal impairment, dyspnea, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial (10mL)—1, 10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome