Generic Name and Formulations:
Rabies immune globulin (human) 150 IU/mL; soln for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for KEDRAB:
Post-exposure prophylaxis of rabies infection, to be given with a full course of rabies vaccine.
Prior to administration, follow recommendations for local treatment of wounds. Administer as soon as possible after exposure; may give up to 7 days after first vaccine dose. 20 IU/kg as single dose with first dose of rabies vaccine. If feasible, infiltrate dose into and around the wound; inj remainder into upper arm deltoid region. Avoid same inj site as rabies vaccine or repeat doses of Kedrab once vaccine treatment is initiated.
See full labeling.
Do not inj into gluteal region or blood vessel. History of complete pre- or post-exposure vaccination and confirmed adequate rabies titer: not recommended. Discontinue if allergic or anaphylactic reaction occurs; have epinephrine available. History of allergic reactions to human immunoglobulins; monitor. IgA deficiency. Increased risk of thrombosis with acquired or hereditary hypercoagulable states, prolonged immobilization, in-dwelling vascular catheters, older age, estrogen use, a history of venous or arterial thrombosis, cardiovascular risk factors, hyperviscosity syndromes; monitor for ≥24hrs post-injection. Increased risk of hemolysis with non-O blood group types, underlying inflammatory conditions, high cumulative doses of immune globulins. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible viral disease and variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease transmission. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid measles vaccine within 4 months of Kedrab; avoid other live attenuated vaccines within 3 months. May interfere with serologic tests (eg, Coombs’ test).
Inj site pain, headache, muscle pain, upper respiratory tract infection; anaphylactic shock.
Single-use vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D