KAOPECTATE LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; regular (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), peppermint (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), and cherry flavor (contains Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE LIQUID:
30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed. Max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Gut Microbiota Profiles in Prediabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Show Muscle Metabolic Deficiencies
- Social Support of Autonomy Tied to Better Glycemic Control in Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation