Physicians using gene expression classifier testing said that in 86% of cases, identifying a benign result through testing and potentially avoiding surgery improved patient safety.
Second primary malignancies among patients with post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid cancer include hematological malignancies, breast carcinoma, cervical carcinoma, and colon carcinomas.
Thyroid function improved after the researchers placed the child on levothyroxine and supplemented his diet with iodized salt and a multivitamin containing iodine.
Genetic alterations were found in both cancerous and benign samples.
Patients had reduced left middle hippocampus and right anterior hippocampus activity when judging word pairs.
Results in this expanded series reaffirm the data in the pilot study and show a 5-year overall survival rate of 43%.
Patients with medullary thyroid cancer taking cabonzantinib lived more than 2 years longer if their tumors had a RET mutation.
New results show no significant associations between dietary habits and thyroid cancer risk.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatigue Management Contributes to Effective Endometriosis Care
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Adjunctive Aripiprazole Lowers Prolactin Levels in Women With Psychosis
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Statin Use and Cardiovascular Risk Perception Varies Among Races
- Impact of a Longer Work Week on Diabetes Incidence
- Relationship Between Estradiol Level and Mortality in Elderly Men